Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Archive Photos Of Milena Velba What Scanner Settings Should I Use To Scan And Archive Old Family Photos?

What scanner settings should I use to scan and archive old family photos? - archive photos of milena velba

I scan and archive a series of old photos and save them to CD. I use Photoshop to do some basic editing functions like cropping, adjusting the contrast, then save the file to a manageable size.

I am a little bit about the relationship between things, confused as pixels, the image size, resolution, file size. After editing the picture, I think I ended up with two pictures - it could be as large as 1000kB archival purposes, and another remained at about 200kb suitable for e-mail, etc.

My questions: What are the parameters of the scanner are (as far as pixel size, etc.) are used to make too many changes of image information and economic process? Is it better to scan, edit and save in TIFF or JPEG? Should I point the larger of the two files into TIFF? Should I save the "Web" feature? What settings are best for the end of the stored images in relation to the size of the actual image resolution, resolution, pixels, etc.? Thank you for your advice!

1 comment:

Nigel Lew said...

Hello, you need to in. with a picture of what determines the resolution of scanning to do nothing

I would say 300-600 dpi, they do not all blow.

One thing to note: While in Photoshop, do not change the picture to jump. Make these changes at their respective levels. This practice is called "non-destructive image editing known.

For example, just go to bed like a toolbar at the top and displays them in a position to add an adjustment layer. Select the contrary, for example. Now he has his picture "without having the data changed in the meantime

Hope this helps ... If you have any questions, please shoot me an e-mail. Maybe I've missed something. I read your question.


Edit: Yeah, that TIFF is good for the maintenance of master files. Tiffs also keep diapers a. Psd.

Post a Comment